Deadline: TBD (for fall 2017)
Purpose: This scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to PFDRM members who are returning to post-secondary education as the result of a divorce.
Amount: $1,000; to be paid directly to recipient’s institution
How to Apply: Complete the Scholarship Application (link below) and return with the required information by the deadline (to be posted at a later date)
- Member of the PFDRM Online Community Forum
- Must also submit (or already have submitted) the FAFSA form for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Must show financial need
- Enrolled in a degree program, certification program at a post-secondary institution of education in the United States (university, community college, technical or vocational school.)
- Correct and complete information. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Copy of transcripts (an unofficial copy is fine). We prefer transcripts from all institutions previously attended; however, the most important one is the transcript from the current institution. A Letter of Good Standing from the current institution may also be considered, depending on the circumstances.
- References. You will need to provide letters of reference from at least three individuals who will help give us a clearer picture of your goals, strengths, past accomplishments and need (pastor, employer, friend, counselor, professor, etc.)
- Essay. Three (3) page limit with all points addressed (see application packet)
- Applicant Certification Page. This must be signed and dated by the applicant. An electronic signature or signed and scanned copy is acceptable.
Questions may be emailed to: PFDRM.email@example.com
The PFDRM Scholarship committee would like to congratulate the recipients of the previous PFDRM Scholarships. For obvious privacy reasons, these individuals will remain anonymous.